Wednesday 15 June 2016

MY LIFE AS A CHINDIAN

My name is MATTHEW (a name based on bible), well most people called me Matt and I loved the nickname and as the title had stated, I'm not a Chinese, Malay, or Indian but I'm a CHIN DIAN or you could said it in a few different ways that is Chinese plus Indian or mixed child Etc. and what I'm most proud to said is I'm lucky enough to fall into a religion that I loved the most and that is Catholic because I felt that Jesus is someone who will guide you to the right directions and will love you forever, please note that I'm not saying that other religion are bad or what so ever but what I'm trying to said is that I'm proud of my own faith and religion so please don't get me wrong I'm not trying to be a racist. So lets get back to the topic: is born becoming a CHIN DIAN someone cool, good, bad, fun, exciting...

The answer is in between all the followings that I've mention. The good part in becoming a Chidian is that I felt that I'm different (in a good way of course at least for me) so i loved it being different from others and I felt more limited and special. Well the bad part is that I looked brown or tan (hope I spelled it correctly so people will usually called me a Malay as in Asian brown means Malay so what's bad is during the Muslims Ramadan or fasting month and people will usually ask me why i did not fast but fortunately I wore a silver necklace with a cross so that for sure people won't misunderstood me and that makes it much better.

There's a plus for being a mixed child is that I could conquer a lot of languages I have a total of 4 subjects or languages that i could speak and that is English (my main language or worldwide language), Chinese (China language), Malay (Malaysian, Singaporean, Indonesian language) and Hokien (Taiwan Chinese) and now I'm learning Indian (India language) so that's the best plus as I could communicate with people from probably everywhere throughout the world and for sure there will be more jobs opportunity for me in the future in ton's of different kind and cultures countries. I'm not showing off or what so ever because it doesn't only have to be a mixed children or people to learn all this because all you need is a few motivation or courage to learnt and never ever give up because giving up is only for loser and not winner so never just suddenly give up just because you did not witness any changes.

OK the fun part is always happen when I saw someone my own race and that's always are a unforgettable experience especially the 4 days camp that I've join. At there I've meet with a lot of CHINDIANS and they are quite handsome, beautiful and yea talented as well and i mean all of them even the other races as well so I'm really grateful for that. And through that I know that I'm not really alone in this categories.

The exciting part is that I always get a tons of question about my culture and my background or experience as a CHINDIAN, through this I get a lot of friends and get to them as well and that's the exciting part and it almost happen everyday. And the another exciting part is I will celebrate CHRISTMAS and CHINESE NEW YEAR due to my culture mixed .And during this special event i could get lots of present and "ANG PAO" (Chinese traditional ways to give someone money with red packet for good luck etc.). Hold on the next exciting part of me is that different people will just talk to me with different language as I have a little Chinese faced, Malay and mostly mixed so there will be a lot of people just talk to me in different languages.

So that's how a mixed life is. Basically, it is almost the same as other ordinary life and of course we are all human and we all have problems so I'm not excluded from any problem because I'm not anything special. Hope you enjoy my story or experience.




No comments:

Post a Comment